Monday, June 21, 2010

Ten Minutes from Home and Read it Forward


I have heard of Read it Forward, they give you books for free to read before they are published and in most cases edited. SOOOO i signed up and got this book called Ten Minutes From home by Beth Greenfield. Assuming I wouldnt like it I set it down for awhile and put it in my work bag in case i needed a book, well i started to read it and within the first 12 pages couldnt put it down! i cried within those first 12 pages. It is a true story about a girl who is returning from her ballet recital with her parents, her best friend and her little brother. they get hit by a drunk drive, and her friend and brother are killed and her dealing with those emotions, how her mom and dad dealt with those emotions and how she lived with it. VERY moving story. Definetly recommend it, if you want to read it i am supposed READ IT FORWARD, so i can pass it on to one of you too. let me know!

2 comments:

  1. Ohhh, I want to read it! I love memoirs/autobiographies. They're my favorite genre!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just gave it to a girl at work to read, she says if you are a fast reader i can send it to you first otherwise you can have it after she is done?

    ReplyDelete